Natural Resource Field Technician
Base Location: Fishersville, VA Office/Warehouse
Terms: Permanent, Full-time, Hourly, Overtime, Performance Bonuses, Substantial Travel Required
Salary/rate: $20.00 + Overtime (negotiable, based on experience)
Additional Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Relocation Assistance, & Professional Development Assistance, Hiring Bonus
Shenandoah Habitats is looking for qualified candidates who enjoy working in the outdoors, are willing to travel regularly throughout the Mid-Atlantic, and are committed to providing high-quality work that exceeds our client’s expectations. These positions provide support for all work related to vegetation management on ecological restoration sites throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Natural Resource field technicians are responsible for performing field work and performing daily warehouse operations throughout the year. The tech must be able to constantly adapt to changing environments and client requirements. Early starts and extended work hours will be routine. This position requires a great deal of travel.
- Be timely to work and willing to stay longer if necessary to complete that day’s tasks.
- Be willing to work hard with confidence, respectfully, and positively.
- Apply herbicides correctly and safely on invasive species management sites and for the purpose of tree planting maintenance.
- Safely operate a variety of equipment (UTVs, Various sizes of Tractors with Bush hogs, Chainsaws)
- Perform warehouse activities such as:
- staging/loading planting materials/equipment/tools,
- staging/loading herbicides/supplies/equipment,
- help manage physical inventories of treeshelters, stakes, mats, staples, seedlings, herbicides, additives, and supplies.
- accurately sort seedlings for planting projects.
- Maintain a clean workspace in the warehouse and seedling coolers/building.
- Maintain all equipment (UTVs, trailers, trucks, tractors, sprayers).
- Make field deliveries of supplies for planting and spraying projects.
- Be willing and able to carry at least a 40lbs. backpack sprayer.
- Handle pesticides responsibly and with care.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Maintain accurate herbicide application records when in the field.
- Responsible for the timely and effective completion of tasks assigned.
- Understand and strive towards the annual, seasonal, and daily goals of the company.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].